Sunday, April 11, 2010

On feeling like a pro



I'm pleased to say that my business cards came earlier than expected, and I'm so happy with how they came out. I find that when I talk to my other friends about business cards, that my mind kind of wanders to thinking about "American Psycho", and eggshell white, and then I feel silly. 
But they're here, and I'm starting to feel professional. Though, that pro feeling is slightly diminished when I think about degree project and how I need to hunker down and finish it off. 

In a way, my cards have inspired in me a new kind of project I wanted to do. I decided "Hey, what's better than a monster on a business card? Why, a monster holding business cards that have monsters on them!" Brilliant. And so, I sculpted the little fella that you see on my cards to hold them. I hope this will dazzle my teachers and people in general, as I thought it to be quite clever. But really, it was mostly an excuse to avoid working on important things like finishing my degree project and writing the script. Which might I just say here, that I would much rather animate and paint frames for a month, than write a script.

Anywho, as my professional fate rests in the hands of a monster, literally, I will be working away on artsy things to come.

No comments: